Spicy Spinach and Chickpea Soup – Serves 2
A quick and filling soup with plenty of spice and flavour.
Full of antioxidants and nutrients to strengthen your immune system.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200g spinach leaves
- 2 portions brown rice/quinoa
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, curry powder, vegetable stock and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and leave for 15 minutes.
- Stir through the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm atop a bed of steamed brown rice or quinoa.