Easy Homemade Chicken Curry
Good basic recipe, this is even better balanced with a bit of raita. (an easy-to-make Indian yogurt-cucumber condiment)
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- oil, for frying
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 2 cups tomato, chopped (400 g)
- ½ cup water (100 mL)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- rice, to serve
- fresh coriander, to serve, chopped
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Season the chicken with turmeric, chili powder, cumin, garam masala, ginger, and white wine vinegar, and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown.
- Add the chili, chopped tomatoes, water, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and chopped coriander.
Courtesy of Samuel Samura.
Samuel Samura is a native from West Africa, he writes on various topics, including health, fitness, African cultures etc.
He is the author of ‘Meeting the cheeky bumsters of The Gambia‘ an article that throws light on some of the things to expect when visiting The Gambia as a tourist.