Scottish Bubbles and Squeak Patties Serves 4
Scottish Bubbles and Squeak Patties Serves
"My friend is from Scotland and this is a favorite family dish."
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and mash potatoes, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the cabbage and carrot in another saucepan and add just enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off liquid and stir into the mashed potatoes along with the onion, mustard and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the patties on the pan and grill until heated through and golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve right away.