Pumpkin Cream Soup Without the Cream Serves 2
25 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 350g of pumpkin, cut into little chunks
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 20g of dry spelt
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 2 slices of toasted bread, cut into cubes
- First, prepare all the ingredients; this way it's super easy to make it because you have all the ingredients ready to go.
- Chop the onion and the garlic, cut the potato and pumpkin into cubes and slice the carrots.
- Start by sauteing the onion, garlic, and carrots in a pot for 5-6 minutes, or until they start to get soft. You can add some stock, to soften them up. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pumpkin cubes and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Lastly, add the potato and the spelt. Stir to combine and pour in the stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, turn the heat to medium-low, put the lid on and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the veggies and the spelt are cooked through.
- The reason I add spelt to cream soups is that it makes them creamier without adding any cream. *You can add brown rice as well. Just a handful. You will really see the difference.
- When the spelt is cooked through, let the soup cool for 10 minutes. Then, blend it with a hand blender or a normal one, why you have on hand. Season again if it necessary.
- Serve hot with toasted bread on top.