Prawn and Chorizo Linguine With Lime
Prawn and Chorizo Linguine
30 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3 raw tiger prawns
- 100g/3½oz linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 x 2.5cm/1in piece chorizo, cut into small cubes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ lime, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, or until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic for 1 minute, or until softened. Add the chorizo and prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden-brown all over. Stir in the chopped tomato and red wine vinegar and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and the prawns are cooked through (they should be pink and opaque).
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the pasta, mixing well to coat in the sauce.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Put the pasta on a plate, drizzle over some olive oil and serve.