Pork Belly Stuffed With Aherries and Quinoa Serves 7
Pork Belly Stuffed With Cherries and Quinoa
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1.6 kg boneless pork belly, skin scored
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 16 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 10 large fresh sage leaves, chopped, or 2 tsp crushed dried sage
- 1½ L chicken stock
- 130 g quinoa flake
- 2 tsp salt, plus extra for rubbing
- 4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 240 g pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 200 g dried cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°C. For the stuffing, melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the sage, stir to combine, and cook for 3–4 minutes. Add 125 ml stock and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients, including the remaining stock and mix to combine.
- Place the pork on a work surface, skin-side down, with one long side facing you. Season with salt and pepper and spread with an even layer of stuffing. Roll up the pork to enclose the stuffing. Tie with kitchen twine at 5 cm intervals. Rub the pork generously with salt. Transfer to a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 180°C and roast for 1 hour.
- Allow to rest for 10–15 minutes, then carve and serve immediately.