Pork Belly Stuffed With Aherries and Quinoa
Pork Belly Stuffed With Cherries and Quinoa
This all seasons meal is perfect for the entire family.
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1.6 kg boneless pork belly, skin scored
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 16 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 10 large fresh sage leaves, chopped, or 2 tsp crushed dried sage
- 1½ L chicken stock
- 130 g quinoa flake
- 2 tsp salt, plus extra for rubbing
- 4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 240 g pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 200 g dried cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- For the stuffing, melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sage, stir to combine, and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Add 125 ml stock and stir well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, including the remaining stock and mix to combine.
- Place the pork on a work surface, skin-side down, with one long side facing you.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread with an even layer of stuffing. Roll up the pork to enclose the stuffing.
- Tie with kitchen twine at 5 cm intervals.
- Rub the pork generously with salt.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C and roast for 1 hour.
- Allow to rest for 10–15 minutes, then carve and serve immediately.