Italian Pork Chops Serves 6
or Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 pork rib chops (with bone), cut 1/2 inch thick (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14 1/2 - ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 ounces dried orzo, cooked according to package directions
- Place onion in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place half of the pork chops atop onions. Sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Repeat layering with remaining pork chops, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Top with undrained tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Add zucchini pieces to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon and tongs, transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan stir together cornstarch and the cold water; stir in cooking juices from cooker.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve over meat and vegetables. Serve with orzo.