Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls Serves 8
Scrolls are always a popular lunch box filler - and your kids will adore these savoury scrolls filled with cheese and Vegemite. Yum!
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 80g butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Vegemite, heaped
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours and butter.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter through the flours until you have a breadcrumb consistency, then add ¾ of the cheese combination and milk and work into a dough ball with your hands.
- When these ingredients are combined, lightly flour your kitchen bench and gently push the dough out into a rectangle, approx 1 cm in depth.
- Spread Vegemite evenly over the top of the dough and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Roll the dough into a long rope shape, rolling it away from you. When you have a rope of dough, cut it into eight equal rounds and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove from oven and cool on wire rack.